Arriving to 'Sandopolis'

       Hey guys!  I finally made it to Cairo, Egypt!  The plane ticket was at a costly $1081, but it may be worth it to discover what life in Egypt is like and what its ancient culture was.  Today, I decided to take a tour around the museum in Egypt and view its famous monuments.  The pharaoh's artifacts are absolutely beautiful to the point where they seem to withstand the flow of time itself.  As I ventured through the museum, I read Egypt's old religious history.  In Crash Course World History on Youtube, they talk about how Egypt's religion can be a bit schizophrenic.  For instance, Egypt's religion contained over 2000 gods!

An Egyptian Artifact on Display at a Museum
The pyramids of Egypt was simply breathtaking and a huge wonder.  It does make me question the architecture of these monstrous structures.  Also, I recently learned, thanks to Crash Course World History, that the pyramids are one of the last standing pieces of architecture built by an ancient civilization. The real deal of info was Egypt's geography on Earth.  Although it may seem like the country is hard to settle in, the Nile river helped the Egyptians prosper in ancient times.  It astonishes me that one river can easily make the harsh environment of North Africa habitable.  This helped agriculture flourish throughout Egypt, which is essential if a nation wants to exist.
           At the end of the day, I arrived at my hotel room.  I was exhausted, but amazed from what I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment